Y Chromosome Testing
A Y-chromosome test (Y-STR test) is used to determine if males share the same paternal lineage.
The Y-chromosome is inherited and passed on from father to son. Since it has a relatively infrequent mutation rate, it will remain the same through many generations and is only broken by the birth of a daughter. However, if a direct male line can be concluded then all males in that direct male lineage will have the identical Y pattern; therefore, the Y chromosome can be used to test lineage in males.
Why would I need a Y chromosome test?
- If you need a paternity test but the father is deceased, the test may be used to test any of the males on his side of the family.
- If you and your siblings want to find out if you share the same father, it can be easier and more accurate to use the Y chromosome test.
- Male cousins can use it to see if their fathers were brothers or to check if they shared a common Grandfather through the paternal line.
- In immigration cases, one can this test to prove a biological relationship between males sharing the same male lineage.
- This test can help in adoption cases where children grow up want to find their biological or “birth” families.
How do I order my test?
At easyDNA we offer a full range of Y chromosome testing starting at PHP18,500.
- Go to our Order DNA Test page and select the Y chromosome option.
- Place your order, process payment and wait for your DNA test kit, which you can complete in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Following our easy-to-use instructions, collect the DNA samples and return them to us at your convenience.
Once the DNA samples are returned to us, you will receive your fully comprehensive DNA analysis report in under 10 working days. For detailed instructions on how to use your DNA testing kit please visit our sample collection guide page.
For more information on the Y-chromosome test contact us by phone or email us on email@example.com.